Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Little Spring in My Step

     I'm excited about March 20th, the first day of spring.  I've enjoyed wearing lambswool sweaters, corduroy pants, camel hair flat caps, my beard and colorful scarves this winter, but I find spring clothing a lot more fun (and plentiful in my closet).  I love the texture of seersucker, the coolness of linen, the "pop" of pastel pinks and lavenders, and the refreshing, clean look of white bucks and accessories (like the Swatch White Rebel). 
     Being a hard-liner for things that mean nothing to others, I won't shave my winter facial hair until the first day of spring.  I'll also wait until March 20th to break out some very spring time shoes (I'm looking at you, linen) that I haven't worn yet: the Johnston and Murphy Ellington Wingtips.  Jos. A. Bank had a great sale on these that I stumbled across, so I had to get them.


Johnston and Murphy Ellington Wingtips

   I think these shoes will go well with this outfit...

     A little info: These Ellingtons started life as the Dolby wingtip saddle shoe last year.  I spoke to the manager of the J&M store a couple of months ago and she told me the only difference between the Dolby and these Ellingtons is the material used for the sole.  So glad they decided to keep this design because I didn't get a pair of the Dolbys in my size when I had the chance.
     So here's to spring!  I hope you all have a wonderful one full of good times and wonderful memories.

P.S.  If you've never checked out Jos. A. Bank before, take a look at their site.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment