Sunday, January 27, 2013

A (Very) Belated Christmas Post

      Hey, everyone.  Time again for another wardrobe post. 

     Christmas was kind to me.  I got to spend time with my family and my girlfriend, as well as with my girlfriend's sweet and warm-hearted family in Palestine, Texas. 
 
     Christmas was also kind to me in a material way: I got a nice haul of clothes and grooming supplies!  It's funny how when I was a kid, I didn't want clothes as a Christmas gift; now, they're all I want.  I guess that's part of getting older (and, hopefully, more stylish.)
 
     I must say that my girlfriend's sister and brother-in-law got me a great lavender gingham shirt, but, unfortunately, it was a little small, so I exchanged it for Ross store credit.  I'm hoping to find something as good-looking as that shirt with which to replace it.
 
     Anyway, here are the new additions to my wardrobe and bathroom sinktop: 
 
Here is the lovely Geoffrey Beene tie that my girlfriend's "Aunty Dine" got me from Bealls. It has a lot of characteristics that I like: blue, polka dots and a green base that matches my eyes. Hmmm...I think my girlfriend gave her aunt a crib sheet on my tastes.

When I knotted this tie for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised by the weight and thickness of the silk.


The maker's mark.

Hmmm...what could be in here?


Getting closer...


Boom! 


My girlfriend Misty bought me this beautiful teal pocket square and I love it, not only for its color and polka dots, but also for its generous proportions.  It's king-sized!

The stitching looks as if it was done by hand.
 
Plopped in.

Ain't it purddy?
 
Let me guess where this came from.  :-P

Almost there...


Stop teasing...

Ah ha!  My girlfriend paid attention.  Every time I go with her to Sephora, I go to the men's section and gussy myself up with Jack Black eye balm, face lotion, body lotion (on my elbows), lip balm and cologne (if I'm not wearing any already) while she shops for base and eye cosmetics.   

I had never used the Beard Lube before, so this was a pleasant first experience for me.  It's a three-in-one pre-shave oil, shaving cream and post-shave balm.  It's light and creamy and creates a comforting buffer between my face and my safety razor.  I already use a face moisturizer, but this one has a higher SPF level and comes from the same company as my new shaving cream.  I love having things from a matching set. 
 

 






Here are some great socks that my mom got me, mainly from Last Call for Neiman Marcus.  I love the colors of the socks on the left (and argyle socks in general), but I am not impressed with their wrinkle resistance.  They have a lot to learn from their more resilient, more presentable drawer-mates.


I love the marled green-and-white camp socks in the middle and wearing them with corduroys and Sperrys.  The orange-and-blue argyles on the right are one of my all-time favorite pairs because just looking at them is fun and pleasant.


Introducing the handsome quilted Barbour jacket my mom got me from Orvis.  I had wanted a quilted jacket like this, in this color, for the past couple of years.   


Where's my check for all this free advertising, Barbour?  :-P


Body shot.
    
Shopping Shot-Outs:
    
     Give the Bealls website a peek if you like my new tie.
 
     If you like my new pocket square from The Texas Clothier and would like to pay them a visit, click here to learn more about them and find out their address and hours.
 
     For guys who are not familiar with Sephora: Check out their men's section here.
 
     Learn more about Jack Black skin care and grooming products on their website.
 
     Find plenty of great deals on socks and other things at LastCall.com.
 
     The Orvis website has quilted jackets like mine and plenty of other great outdoor clothes and accessories.
 
     Go straight to the source and look at all of Barbour's jackets and clothing at Barbour.com.
 
     *Visit my girlfriend's artist website to see her fantastic portfolio of work.  If you're in the Austin area, please buy a ticket to her RAW artist showcase (February 21st) here.  Be sure to select Misty Poe when you're given the choice of which artist's show you're going to see.




    

No comments:

Post a Comment